[OpenMap Users] OpenMap Over X Speed Changes in Solaris 9 vs. 8

From: Andrew Hnatiw <Andrew_Hnatiw_at_raytheon.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:06:12 -0500

OpenMap has always run very slowly when I send it over a network from the
Solaris 9 machine I run it on to a Windows machine running Cygwin. Just
recently I ran OpenMap with the same plugins on a Solaris 8 machine and
found that it ran much faster remotely. Could this be a threading change
that happened from Solaris 8 to 9? Has anybody had a similar experience
when switching between Solaris versions?

And I am running the same version of Java on both computers - 1.4.2.

Thanks,

Andrew Hnatiw