[OpenMap Users] Time of Day & Sun Shading angles on DTED or other Terrain data

From: Pearson John T Jr GS-13 453 EWS/EWA <John.Pearson_at_LACKLAND.AF.MIL>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:07:21 -0500

Hi:

Looking for information on models or tools that will allow me to compute
shading for digital terrain data (DTED) based on time of day & sun angle.
We'd like to show appropriate time of day based shaded terrain.

John T. Pearson, Jr., GG-13, DAF

Senior IO Analysis Modeling & Simulation Engineer

RF Sensors, Communications, Navigation and Identification Systems Analysis
Element
453 Electronic Warfare Squadron (453 EWS)
Air Combat Command (ACC)
United States Air Force (USAF)

453 EWS/EWA
102 Hall St, Ste 338
San Antonio, TX 78243-7020

Voice: (210) 977-2427, DSN 969-2427;

Home: rcd2951_at_satx.rr.com UNCLASSIFIED ONLY
NIPRNET: john.pearson_at_lackland.af.mil UNCLASSIFIED ONLY