Re: [OpenMap Users] Time of Day & Sun Shading angles on DTED or other Terrain data

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:04:23 -0400

Hi John,

For the older com.bbn.openmap.layer.dted.DTEDFrame method, you'd have
to modify the DTEDFrame shading algorithm to get an elevation from
something else other than the default upper left neighbor. That
elevation might be some interpolation between other neighbors,
depending on the direction.

For the newer method, you'd modify/extend the
com.bbn.openmap.omGraphics.grid.GreyscaleSlopeGenerator to do the
same thing, and specify that generator for use by the
com.bbn.openmap.dataAccess.dted.DTEDFrameCache.

- Don