[OpenMap Users] MapBean projection change policy

From: Rick Lane <lane_richard_b_at_bah.com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 10:24:17 -0400

Greetings. I'm looking for a way to temporarily turn off the MapBean's
behavior of automatically redrawing each layer when the projection changes.
This is because I'm doing an animation (the user clicks on a region on the
map and the animation makes it look like you're zooming down to that area).
To do this, I draw to the MapBean's graphics context, however in the
background, while the animation is occurring I want to update the projection
such that it equals the same projection that the "zoom" animation took us
to. I currently have it working nicely, however I get a flicker effect
because as I'm animating, the MapBean is telling all the layers to repaint
because of the update in projection. I was hoping for a way to disable the
MapBean's auto-repaint policy, but I'm not too familiar with the
ProjectionChangePolicy class-- if that's even the right place to look.

Any help is appreciated.

Rick