[OpenMap Users] Making Road objects from Shapefiles of Roads?

From: Ed MacKerrow <mackerrow_at_lanl.gov>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 13:13:10 -0600

Dear OM Users,

I see that OM has a Road class along with some other Road related classes.
I have a Shapefile of Roads that has a header (dbf) that looks like:

 ID_ NAME1_ NAME2_ PARTS_ POINTS_ LENGTH_ CLASS

My goal is to parse the Shapefile, create my own objects (perhaps extensions
of OpenMap.Road), and then utilize these road objects in a model.

>From what I can currently see, the OpenMap Road object does not really have
any connection to a Shapefile of Roads. Is this correct?

Thought I would check before I go off and write a parser for the Shapefile
of roads.

Thanks,

Ed