Re: [OpenMap Users] URLRasterLocation disappears sometimes

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 00:09:47 -0400

On May 17, 2005, at 7:47 AM, Thomas Coffin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using a layer extending LocationLayer to represent two types of
> location : the first one extends URLRasterLocation, the second one
> extends Link.
> I used to change the location of these objects using the setLocation
> (float latitude, float longitude) method, and calling regenerate()
> immediately after.
> Everything is ok with the Links, but I've got some problems with
> the URLRasterLocations : when I zoom in or out or move the center
> of the map, the URLRasterLocation that was relocated sometimes
> disappear, depending on the center and the scale of the map.

What are those dependencies?

> I tried using setGraphicLocations right after the call to
> setLocation, with the same latitude and longitude, and the problem
> remains.
> Note that when I change the location of a URLRasterLocation, I
> change also the location of the Links that start or end at this
> point, and they are always painted correctly.
> I'm using openmap 4.6.1.
> Any idea ?

I don't really have a good idea of what you're doing in your code,
and what the difference is with what you describe as working (in your
last paragraph) and with the configuration that doesn't work.

I can't promise that I can get to it, but if you send me your
modified code I'll try to take a look.