[OpenMap Users] DayNightLayer blinking during refresh after updating to OpenMap4.6.2

From: Joey Heinrich <joey.heinrich_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 16:18:24 -0700

I just recently began working with OpenMap earlier this week. The
application Im working on had already been written and I was asked to
provide some additional functionality to it. For starters they asked
me to provide a way to right click on certain objects and perform
desired actions based on which object had been clicked on. After
playing around with the SimpleMap2 example and modifying the
RouteLayer class in that example to extend OMGraphicHandlerLayer I got
it to do what I wanted.

However, after going back and trying to add this functionality to the
app, I found out the app is currently using the openmap.jar file from
OpenMap 4.5.3. I was attempting to upgrade this to 4.6.2, and in
doing so it messed up a few things. The layers were presented out of
order which was not a difficult fix, however, when I run a scenario on
the map, the DayNightLayer tends to blink on and off each step of the
way as it crosses the screen. It did not do this before with the
older version of the openmap.jar that I was using. It used to move
across in a very smooth and fluid manner. I have not changed any of
the code that concerns how that particular layer is managed.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what might be the problem?
Possibly some new attributes or properties? Or could anyone point me
to where I might look to test for a problem? Any help is greatly
appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Joey