RE: [OpenMap Users] Shape file scale and visibility on map

From: Rubén Ruiz <vinilo_at_cancerbero.org>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 00:58:33 +0200

Hi Tom,

I don’t understand quite well your problem…

Using the AreaShapeLayer may load your OMGraphics on determinate
geographical positions… if they are all around the world and you zoom in
you’ll only see those contained on the “zoom box”. If you’re trying to have
some “fixed” graphics on X,Y pixels on the screen you may have to use the
RENDERTYPE_XY to render on the screen and not in the map itself…

I’ve developed a modified ShapeLayer with threshold parameters to show/hide
certain graphics above/under a determined scale…but I’ve done it
programmatically…my standard AreaShapeLayer renders ok with no need of extra
parameters such as you say….

Hope this helps a little…

Rubén.

  _____