[OpenMap Users] Downloaded Shape Files

From: Gatrell, Mark (UK) <"Gatrell,>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 07:31:32 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Gatrell, Mark (UK)
Sent: 26 May 2005 17:14
To: Openmap-Users (E-mail)
Subject: Downloaded Shape Files

Hi All
        I wanted to update my political boundry shape file references with new downloaded shape files . The existing datashape files supply the .shp and the .ssx file .

The downloaded data supplied .dbf, .shp and .shx files.

        I tried using the downloded .shp file using the .shx file as the spacialindex reference, but I get an error saying "Unable to set up the shape files".

Has anyone got any ideas what might be going wrong.

I have attached the link to the downloaded... http://www.cipotato.org/DIVA/data/DataServer.htm

Thanks for your help

Regards

Mark