Re: [OpenMap Users] Questions on how to use OpenMap as an applet which uses data from server

From: Mariusz Chmielewski <mchmiel21_at_tlen.pl>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 13:40:33 +0200

Using relative path isn't such a great idea becouse of the size of the
RPF map (32 MB) would You suggest?? I have a problem putting such data
into the JAR - i do not know if the JAVA VM will allow to execute such
application. I am thinking of using Java Web Start but this does not
solve my problem i do not want to put map data into my jar file of an
applet is there a chance thath if i point to map in URL openMap layer
will automaticly download it itself?? is there a chance that i could
write some code as a servlet that loads a whole CADRG map and sends only
little piec of it as a new CADRG map. Has anybody tried it?? why the
engine of open map is so slow while using the CADRG data. When i scroll
3 layer on my 2,2 GHz Pentium 4 512 RAM - i am waiting almost 5 seconds
befor i can see anything.

Thanks for any opinions and hints

Don Dietrick napisaƂ(a):