Re: [Fwd: Re: [OpenMap Users] My comments on OpenMap used as an Applet]

From: OpenMap Support <openmap_at_bbn.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:45:12 -0400

On Jun 28, 2005, at 5:01 AM, Mariusz Chmielewski wrote:

> FIRST OF ALL THANX FOR THE ANSWERS
>
> my cadrg map is placed inside jar in directory data/rpf/
> so such path i specify in my properties file
> like this cadrgLayer1.paths=data/Rpf/
>
> is there an error???

If you are running on Windows, that path should be OK. For other OS
that are case-sensitive, it might be a problem. Your data jar file
should be in the classpath of the applet, you have to explicitly add
that.

> one more question I have due to the map provided by the
> SimpleHttpImageServer does the server provide only chunks of data
> such as frames of the map ?? I am asking to predict the maximum
> bandwitch.
> I would like to avoid situations in such the client has problems
> downloading the data.

No, the SimpleHttpImageServer provides the entire map window as an
image, which is why I expressed reservations about it being right for
you.

> and last but not least i would like to change the GUI look in the
> applet like the overview window and the layer panel (use a jtree
> for example or jtable) - please write some hints

The demo applet uses the OMControlPanel, look at the default
properties file for the commented-out openmap.components property.

The layer panel is the com.bbn.openmap.gui.LayersPanel, feel free to
replace that with whatever widget you design, you could make a panel
use a JTree in the same way. I'm unable to create an example for you
right now, sorry.

- Don