Re: [OpenMap Users] Layers and Serialization

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 08:30:25 -0400

I think Darol's on the right track - the Layer's I18n member variable
should be marked transient, and the Layer's readObject(...) method
overridden to call back to Environment.getI18n() when the Layer is
read from an ObjectInputStream.

The BasicI18n class probably should be marked as Serializable for
convenience, but serializing it within a component doesn't feel right
for some reason. Maybe it's because it contains a Locale.

- Don