Re: [OpenMap Users] SVG generic idea

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 19:38:05 -0400

Hi Mariusz,

What would be useful would be to create a way to read the SVG file
and create OMGraphics from it. It seems like the batik toolkit would
have widgets to read a SVG file and get some sort of graphics
primitives from that, and the conversion to OMGraphic would not be
hard from there.

I think you'd be able to store lat/lon objects in SVG, but you would
want that to be noted somewhere, so when you created OMGraphics from
them you create them as RENDERTYPE_LATLON OMGraphics.

I'm actually pretty interested in this, but I haven't had time to
look into the batik toolkit lately to see what is available for
reading files. If you figure that part out, let me know, and I'll
help you connect the primitives into OpenMap.

Regards,

- Don