Re: [OpenMap Users] Reopening saved properties file. cities layer fails.

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:52:40 -0400

Hi Tom,

On Jul 14, 2005, at 10:44 AM, Lepkowski, Thomas M., CTR, OSD-PA&E wrote:

> Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
>
> Hello everybody,
>
> We're getting an error when trying to display cities layer (the
> cities layer that comes with openmap, using cities.csv ) after
>
> The error message:
>
> *** ERROR ***
> OMRasterObject.render: Attempting to draw a Image that is not
> ready! Image probably wasn't available.
This message usually appears when an OMRaster can't find the image
file, or it's still in the process of downloading it from a URL.

I'd check what the defaultIconURL property looks like. The
CSVLocationHandler is supposed to ignore empty or whitespace entries,
but it might be getting a value from the new properties file that is
causing it to choke a little. If you are setting that property, make
sure the value represents a valid URL (using '/' instead of '\' on
windows, etc).