RE: [OpenMap Users] Radius error when editing an OMCircle

From: Sebastien Rosset <srosset_at_cougaarsoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 17:25:57 -0700

When you construct the OMCircle, the class converts your units to radians
(and getRadius() returns the distance in decimal degrees).
It is easy to convert back to meters or whatever unit you want:

double rad = Length.METER.toRadians(400.0);
double decd = Length.DECIMAL_DEGREE.fromRadians( rad ); // This is what
OMCircle.getRadius() returns

// Convert back to meters:
double d1 = Length.METER.fromRadians(Length.DECIMAL_DEGREE.toRadians(decd));

// or feet if you wish:
double d1 = Length.FEET.fromRadians(Length.DECIMAL_DEGREE.toRadians(decd));

Sebastien Rosset.