[OpenMap Users] RE: [OpenMap UserMapbean performance on Linux/Xwindows (revisited)

From: David Ward <synriga_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 03:32:00 -0700 (PDT)

Rob,

I had already read 2D graphic white paper and experimented with the various
environment variables and property settings.

Here's the vital of the application and environment.

    OS: Redhat Enterprise 3
    Metcity X server (I believe)
    Java 5.0 update 4 (Java 1.5.0_04)

The application runs on a local X server.

According to the white paper, the DGA environment variables (NO__at_J2D_DGA and
USE_DGA_PIXMAPS) apply only to Solaris. Since the execution environment is
Linux only, I haven't experimented with those.

I have previously tried the J2D_PIXMAPS=shared variable but with no noticable
change in performance.

Cheers,
David

----