[OpenMap Users] HttpImageServer - the idea behind it

From: Mariusz Chmielewski <mchmiel21_at_tlen.pl>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 23:54:02 +0200

I was looking into the code but i do not finally understand how does

this class work is it servlet like tool and i should provide some kind
of application server ro run it? I also looked at link layer but also i
do not have an example how to use it. My application consists of applet
and uses CADRG maps so i would like to while scrolling the map upload
needed data from the server (only the map of the terrain) the rest of
the data will be transfered some other way for example as XML stream.
The problem is of course the memory and time of respose... in other
words i would like to provide a client that uses the navigation pane
would controll the server to send needed parts of the map.

I am thinkikng of using the RMI to do so ... i would write a server that
would provide a remote method which would using the OpenMap took a
picture of the map - and send it as a byte stream which on the client
side i would czange to OMGraphics and show in my Layer.

What do You think about it??

Mariusz