Re: [OpenMap Users] HttpImageServer - the idea behind it

From: OpenMap Support <openmap_at_bbn.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 18:40:04 -0400

Hi Mariusz,

I think you want to take a look at the
com.bbn.openmap.layer.rpf.RpfFrameProvider interface, and see how the
RpfLayer uses it. By default, the RpfFrameCache is the localized
version of a RpfFrameProvider, but the src/corba directory contains a
CORBA RpfFrameProvider that is a client to a server, in the
com.bbn.openmap.layer.rpf.corba package.

The CorbaRpfLayer is a RpfLayer that uses the CRPFClient as the
RpfFrameProvider. The CRPFServer is the CORBA server.

While you can use these classes to do what you want, they do require
a bit of knowledge about how CORBA works, and how you get CORBA
clients and servers talking to each other. If you don't want to
approach that learning curve, you could use these classes as a model
to write a RMI version.