Re: [OpenMap Users] Hello

From: Jesper Berglund <jesper.berglund_at_pertexo.se>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:41:14 +0200

Cap Romano (Imbel) wrote:

>Hello all,
>I am going to start using OpenMap with an AVL application. What is the
>overall
>evaluation of OpenMap? Has anyone been using it to track vehicles?
>Thanks,
>Romano Magacho
>Rio de Janeiro - RJ
>Brazil
>
>--

Hello Romano!

I have built a mobile tracking application based on openmap and
everything has worked out great.
I basically use two layers, a map picture layer (WMS or such) and a
layer which I created myself.
Two servers are used, a map server where the maps are retreived from and
a BuissnesServer which contains the mobile devices and there positions.
The layer I have made uses openmap to place my own mobile devices on the
map. When the layer recieve position changed event I retrieve the
position from the server and replace the device in the layer.
I choose to make the mobile layer myself because of the integration
possibilities regarding tooltips, rightclick menus and filtering of
devices etc.

HTH

--
Jesper Berglund