RE: [OpenMap Users] Please help - SVG and milStd2525

From: Lepkowski, Thomas M., CTR, OSD-PA&E <Thomas.Lepkowski.ctr_at_osd.mil>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 09:20:17 -0400

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

The first step in getting a milStd2525 symbol from svg file to OMGraphic is
to successfully instantiate a SymbolReferenceLibrary.

1) Obtain a set of svg files and put them in one directory, say /tmp/symbols
2) Write a class that is instantiated when your openmap app starts. That
class should do this:

<code>

props.setProperty("imageMakerClass",
"com.bbn.openmap.tools.symbology.milStd2525.SVGSymbolImageMaker");

props.setProperty("path", "/tmp/symbols" ); // WHERE YOU PUT ALL THE SVG
FILES.

SymbolReferenceLibrary srl = new SymbolReferenceLibrary();
srl.setProperties(props);

// now test srl to see if it's working.
ImageIcon myIcon = srl.getIcon( "sfgpuc---------" , new
Dimension(100,100) );

</code>

Now you're ready for the next step ( making the OMGraphic) , but getting
this working is the first thing to think about.

I Hope this helps.

-Tom