Re: [OpenMap Users] Corba support package

From: Mariusz Chmielewski <mchmiel21_at_tlen.pl>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:25:50 +0200

Thanks in advance for the answers i understand CORBA mechanisms and
basic issues but i was asking for something else, i analyzed the code
for corba server and client and i understand that server is usling local
RpfFrameProvider and the client is the using the remote one. Most of all
I need to understatn the functionality of the implemented interface and
what should be done to transfer remotly the RPH frames what is done and
what should be done. I already achived to load the map elements using
the pair of SimpleHttpServer and the SHISPlugIn and it works fine except
the one situation which i have described in previous mail. I wonder
which method of providing data is faster RMI, CORBA or pure Http what do
You thind since You have implemented it. Can i configure the HttpServer
to send lower quality images???

Thank You a lot Mariusz

Don Dietrick napisaƂ(a):