Re: [OpenMap Users] SHISPlugIn and SimpleHttpServer

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 10:15:20 -0400

Hi Mariusz,

On Aug 21, 2005, at 9:35 AM, Mariusz Chmielewski wrote:

> I ve got 3 issues concerning the openmap framework:
>
> 1. in properties file I use Polish letters and on the OpenMap panel
> those names are shown as rectangles ( i use the UTF-8 encoding) but
> the
> OM seems to omit it.

This is probably more of a Java problem than an OpenMap one. We do
have a bunch of Polish properties files in the package used by the
internationalization mechanism in OpenMap, so I know it's possible to
display Polish letters.

> 2. I finally used the SHISPlugIn and SimpleHttpServer to show
> images but
> when i use the navigation pane i get this.
>
> *** ERROR ***
> LayerWorker.construct(): java.lang.RuntimeException: JOptionPane:
> parentComponent does not have a valid parent
> *************
> java.lang.RuntimeException: JOptionPane: parentComponent does not
> have a
> valid parent
> at javax.swing.JOptionPane.createInternalFrame(Unknown Source)
> at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showInternalOptionDialog(Unknown Source)
> at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showInternalMessageDialog(Unknown
> Source)
> at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showInternalMessageDialog(Unknown
> Source)
> at
> com.bbn.openmap.InformationDelegator.displayMessage
> (InformationDelegator.java:431)
> at
> com.bbn.openmap.InformationDelegator.requestMessage
> (InformationDelegator.java:464)
> at com.bbn.openmap.Layer.fireRequestMessage(Layer.java:758)
> at com.bbn.openmap.Layer.fireRequestMessage(Layer.java:774)
> at
> com.bbn.openmap.plugin.WebImagePlugIn.getRectangle
> (WebImagePlugIn.java:83)
> at com.bbn.openmap.plugin.PlugInLayer.prepare(PlugInLayer.java:324)
> at
> com.bbn.openmap.layer.policy.StandardRenderPolicy.prepare
> (StandardRenderPolicy.java:67)
> at
> com.bbn.openmap.layer.OMGraphicHandlerLayer$LayerWorker.construct
> (OMGraphicHandlerLayer.java:648)
> at com.bbn.openmap.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:117)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> Overview|Layer: repaint(tm=0, x=0, y=0, width=220, height=100)
>

> what is the problem can anyone tell me.
> I suppose to add that i am using my own layer pane based on the JTree
> and the whole openmap app is placed on one of the 3 JTabbedPanes.

Maybe the static Environment class isn't being told it's running in
an applet? I'd look at the com.bbn.openmap.app.OMApplet to make sure
you are doing the same things in your applet that are being done there.

> 3 issue. How to present the same map on three different
> JTabbedPanes, i
> am asking becouse if i try to add the MabBean to another pane - the
> first one disapears and i can see the last one added??

You can't. Swing components can only have one parent. You'll need
multiple copies. Layers can only be attached to one MapBean, too.
You can come up with some workarounds for this limitation if the
projections (including the sizes) of the MapBeans are the same.