Re: [OpenMap Users] SHISPlugIn and SimpleHttpServer

From: Piotr Kamiński <Piotr.Kaminski_at_ctm.gdynia.pl>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 22:11:03 +0200

Hi,

Mariusz Chmielewski napisał(a):
> I ve got 3 issues concerning the openmap framework:
>
> 1. in properties file I use Polish letters and on the OpenMap panel
> those names are shown as rectangles ( i use the UTF-8 encoding) but the
> OM seems to omit it.

Propeties files use ISO-8859-1 encoding. All 'non standard' (e.g.
Polish) charactes should be written as escaped unicode (e.g.
Szeroko\u015B\u0107 ). Use standard java tool - 'native2ascii.exe' - to
convert files from other encodings.

> 2. I finally used the SHISPlugIn and SimpleHttpServer to show images but
> when i use the navigation pane i get this.
>
> *** ERROR ***
> LayerWorker.construct(): java.lang.RuntimeException: JOptionPane:
> parentComponent does not have a valid parent
> *************
> java.lang.RuntimeException: JOptionPane: parentComponent does not have a
> valid parent
> at javax.swing.JOptionPane.createInternalFrame(Unknown Source)
> at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showInternalOptionDialog(Unknown Source)
> at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showInternalMessageDialog(Unknown Source)
> at javax.swing.JOptionPane.showInternalMessageDialog(Unknown Source)
> at
> com.bbn.openmap.InformationDelegator.displayMessage(InformationDelegator.java:431)
>
> at
> com.bbn.openmap.InformationDelegator.requestMessage(InformationDelegator.java:464)
>
> at com.bbn.openmap.Layer.fireRequestMessage(Layer.java:758)
> at com.bbn.openmap.Layer.fireRequestMessage(Layer.java:774)
> at
> com.bbn.openmap.plugin.WebImagePlugIn.getRectangle(WebImagePlugIn.java:83)
> at com.bbn.openmap.plugin.PlugInLayer.prepare(PlugInLayer.java:324)
> at
> com.bbn.openmap.layer.policy.StandardRenderPolicy.prepare(StandardRenderPolicy.java:67)
>
> at
> com.bbn.openmap.layer.OMGraphicHandlerLayer$LayerWorker.construct(OMGraphicHandlerLayer.java:648)
>
> at com.bbn.openmap.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:117)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
> Overview|Layer: repaint(tm=0, x=0, y=0, width=220, height=100)
>

> what is the problem can anyone tell me.
> I suppose to add that i am using my own layer pane based on the JTree
> and the whole openmap app is placed on one of the 3 JTabbedPanes.
>
> 3 issue. How to present the same map on three different JTabbedPanes, i
> am asking becouse if i try to add the MabBean to another pane - the
> first one disapears and i can see the last one added??

MapBean is Swing JComponent subclass. It behaves like any other
component, which can have only one parent. You need 3 MapBean instances
if you want to have them on 3 tabs.

Best Regards,
Piotr