Re: [OpenMap Users] About temporal aspects in GIS research

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:40:57 -0400

Hi Karl,

I don't know of any specific research or website dedicated to
temporal geospatial studies, but there is a package in OpenMap that
starts to try to deal with time, called the
com.bbn.openmap.graphicLoader.scenario. It takes a location file and
an activity file, and then provides a clock control interface to see
things move over time. The package was developed rather quickly for
a demo, and is/will be evolving over the next couple of versions of
OpenMap, mainly to move all the time-related components to their own
package, but also to be able to control visualizing the snapshot of
the situation along with the entire path of the object during a
specific time span.

You might want to post this question to comp.infosys.gis if you
haven't already.

Cheers,

- Don