Re: [OpenMap Users] Creating Dynamic graphic layers

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 12:43:47 -0400

Hi Raghu,

It sounds like you need to write a layer to handle these
requirements. The layer can manage the Dialog box, handle the input
and create a query, get the results to create OMGraphics, and then
render the OMGraphics on itself. You should start with extending the
OMGraphicHandlerLayer, that would be the easiest place to start.

The AddLayer option is really for Layers that completely implement
the PropertyConsumer interface that allows them to describe their
initialization parameters for a GUI that the LayerAddPanel provides.
I wouldn't really expect the AddLayer option to be your primary
solution, you would probably describe your layer in the properties file.