RE: [OpenMap Users] calling OpenGL program from Openmap bean

From: Rick Lane <lane_richard_b_at_bah.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 12:45:16 -0400

Kedar,

JOGL is simply a binding for OpenGL, which means two things: (1) it’s no
easier to use than OpenGL (which has a somewhat steep learning curve), and
(2) it does not have problems with 3D, in fact, some would argue 2D is more
difficult than 3D in OpenGL.

In order to take advantage of your plot being 3D, you’d most likely need to
be able to rotate the “camera” around freely, which is not something you can
do in OpenMap (though I’ve heard on this list before that there is some beta
3D work being done, but I’m not certain).

Rick

  _____