[OpenMap Users] Too many re-draws (again)

From: Dr. Michael Paus <michael.paus_at_ibpaus.de>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 12:35:58 +0200

Hi all,

I am currently struggeling with an OpenMap application with lots of layers
which shows a very bad overall performance in the sense that after a
projection change all layers are repainted but in such an uncoordinated
way that many layers have to be painted several times until the
application fianlly comes to a rest. I have seen complaints about this
effect from other users before but I still have not found any solution
proposal. I would like to do some of the following things:

- Do not redraw until all layers are ready with their prepare().
- Paint all layers in the correct order so that no layer has to be painted twice.
- Do some more optimizations, e.g. if a raster layer covers the whole window
  there is no point in preparing and painting any layer below it.

Does anybody have an idea of how to achieve this.

Greetings

Michael