RE: [OpenMap Users] Inefficient CSVTiledImagePlugin

From: Klawetter, DG Darol (6274) _at_ IS <darol.klawetter_at_L-3com.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:39:06 -0500

Never heard from anyone on this issue?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-openmap-users_at_bbn.com [mailto:owner-openmap-users_at_bbn.com]On
Behalf Of Klawetter, DG Darol (6274) _at_ IS
Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 3:50 PM
To: openmap-users_at_bbn.com
Subject: [OpenMap Users] Inefficient CSVTiledImagePlugin

I'm running Openmap 4.6. Is there a more memory-efficient way of displaying
images than using the CSVTiledImagePlugin? I've noticed that the
OMScalingRaster objects used in this plugin consume a great deal of memory.
JPG files of only 1.5Mbytes produce OMScalingRasters many times larger and
overflow my memory heap. Yes, I know I can increase the memory heap, but
this will not work for really large images on PCs without much RAM.