[OpenMap Users] openmap web service issue

From: Paul Vitic <paul.vitic_at_vitic.biz>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 11:31:48 +0200

Dear all,

I am new to this mailing list. Therefore, I do not know the procedures of
communication. I am sending this mail out to see if I will receive any
replies. If I am doing something wrong please advise me.

I have succesfully installed open map and can run the native client to open,
edit etc. shape maps.

However I am running into problems while installing the iis Web Service
components. I have done all that is mentioned in the iis readme.txt.
Attached is a copy of my "Web.config" file. I have also done the following
for both "ImageWebService" and "OpenMapWeb" folders:

          - open Internet Information Services under the control panel.

          - access the properties for ImageWebService (and OpenMapWeb).

          - make sure the "Read" checkbox is checked.

          - under the 'Directory' tab press the 'Create' button.

          - choose "Scripts only" in the "Execute Permissions" section.

When I try to launch the "WebMap.aspx" user interface I receive the
following error in my browser:

Server Error in '/OpenMapWeb' Application.

  _____

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote
server.

Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was
closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to
the remote server.]

   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus() +673

   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
+75

   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream() +132

methodName, Object[] parameters) +105

   OpenMapWeb.com.bbn.winmap.ProperService.ProperService.GetLayers() +34

   OpenMapWeb.WebForm1.LoadLayers() +26

   OpenMapWeb.WebForm1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +263

  _____

Version:1.1.4322.573

I would appriciate any support.

Thanks in advance.

Paul Vitic

phone: +90 (0)216 4222299

mobile: +90 (0)533 4397108
mail: <mailto:paul.vitic_at_vitic.biz> paul.vitic_at_vitic.biz

 <http://www.vitic.biz> www.vitic.biz

_______