Re: [OpenMap Users] Range Rings

From: Piotr Kamiński <Piotr.Kaminski_at_ctm.gdynia.pl>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 19:22:52 +0100

Hi Don,
I've seen the same buggy behavior. It is problem that component tries to
draw new OMRangeRings just after *any* change in palette. User might
want to change value in TextField and ComboBox and he expects redrawing
after modification of both values. Changing from 150 miles to 150 meters
  is rather not what I would expect. To prevent "strange" behavior I
would rather:
   - recalculate distance while changing combo value
   - set constant number of rings (ex. 10) when user switches from
distance units to number of rings. Another option is removing
functionality of drawing particular number of rings at all.

--
Piotr