Re: [OpenMap Users] Log4J in OpenMap

From: Piotr Kamiński <Piotr.Kaminski_at_ctm.gdynia.pl>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 11:00:51 +0100

Hi Geir,
I proposed this solution long time ago, because I also use Log4j in my
code. I thought about changing implementation
of Debug class without changing interface. Categories "layer", "omdlt",
etc. might become logger names ("layer" -> "com.bbn.openmap.layer").
This solution doesn't require changes in classes using Debug class. The
same time it allows dynamically change logging configuration
using log4j.properties. Of course it adds external dependency for
log4j.jar. There may be two implementation of Debug class (old and the
new one)
chose by user in ant build file for example.

Best regards,
Piotr Kaminski