[OpenMap Users] RE: Number Of Colors in RPF Layer

From: Chase Barrett <chase.barrett_at_issinc.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:24:57 -0700

Any thoughts?

  _____

From: Chase Barrett [mailto:chase.barrett_at_issinc.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 2:04 PM
To: 'openmap-users_at_bbn.com'
Subject: Number Of Colors in RPF Layer

Hello all,

I've been looking at some ONC and JNC charts with the numberColors property
set to various values. It seems that no matter what value I choose, there's
no impact on the image appearance. So if I select 16, 32, or 216, the chart
images appear identical.

I placed a breakpoint in RpfColortable.setNumColors(), and it seems that
this method is always passed a value of 216, even though the RpfLayer that
the color table belongs to has an RpfViewAttributes object with a value of
16 in its numberOfColors field.

Is this a bug?

Thanks,

Chase