Re: [OpenMap Users] mouse modes

From: Piotr Kamiński <Piotr.Kaminski_at_ctm.gdynia.pl>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 20:04:17 +0100

Hi Maria,
You should subclass AbstractMouseMode or CoordsMouseMode or even
NavMouseMode. If you use PropertyHandler to create your application
components then MouseDelegator is already registered in MapBean. You
don't have to do it manually. Also all mouse modes are automatically
registered in MouseDelegator. If you add only one mouse mode then it
will be switched on by default and should receive mouse events.

Navigation doesn't involve layers. Mouse mode only changes projection in
  MapBean. Navigation mouse mode consumes mouse events, I think.

In your case I would:
   - create subclass of NavMouseMode;
   - change its id to GesturesMouseMode.ID - layers usually listen to
events from this mouse mode;
   - override mousePressed, mouseReleased and mouseClicked methods;
   - all methods which detects mouse pressing should check whether right
mouse button was used. Only then panning, zooming or centering should be
done. Navigation mouse mode should consume those events, I think.
   - when left button is clicked it should be passed to layers. See
behavior of GesturesMouseMode - its implementation is really simple - it
does nothing.
   - when mouse is moved it should also be passed to layers. Tooltip
triggering is done in layers.

Switch on debug to trace mouse messages.
Best regards,
Piotr Kaminski