Re: [OpenMap Users] Question - designing db data access

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 17:42:24 -0500

Hi mchmiel,

If you are sure the shape files contain features listed in decimal
degree lat/lon coordinates, you should check to see what the shape
type is for the files that don't work. You may need to write code
that handles the types that OpenMap doesn't. You can massage the
SpatialIndex.makeESRIRecord(...) to let you know what's going on if
you are using the ShapeLayer. If you are using the code from the
com.bbn.openmap.dataAccess.shape package, you'd massage the
com.bbn.openmap.dataAccess.shape.input.ShpInputStream.getGeometry
(...) method.

If you confirm that the types are not supported, then you'd have to
add code to handle the new types.

- Don