Re: [OpenMap Users] Use of class LOSGenerator

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 09:02:48 -0500

Hi Gier,

It really depends on the fidelity of the measurements you want. You
can use the number of pixels between the points on the current map,
or you can calculate the distance between the points and select some
measured interval (like figuring out how many 5 meter intervals are
in between the points). A reasonable choice often depends on the
level of DTED you use, too, since there is a distance between posts
in the data.