Re: [OpenMap Users] MapRequestHandler image width and height

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:35:46 -0500

Hi Greg,

Well, I was going to reply that this was the expected behavior (well,
*my* expected behavior), but then I started looking into the Proj
code, and it turns out there was a really old bug there - where the
maxscale was being calculated based on the default projection width
of 640, instead of the width the projection was being created for.
The projection has a wicked constructor hierarchy where it's possible
to get into trouble by having methods called before the constructor
has completed, resulting in constants being set related to default
values - and that was what was happening.

I've fixed it, and it should be behaving like *you* expect. The new
Proj class is in the beta cvs repository on the website, and I've
included it here.

Thanks for persisting.

- Don