Re: [OpenMap Users] disappearing properties

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:12:10 -0500

Hi Erich,
On Feb 17, 2006, at 9:51 AM, Klaus, Erich P. wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was instantiating csvTiledImagePlugins via CoomponentFactory and
> shapeLayers vi their constructors
> on the fly the other day and noticed that after instantiating the
> objects and setting their properties
> - any custom properties I added disappeared by the time other
> objects findAndInits read them.

What object were you adding the properties to?

> Do these objects commonly only keep the properties they expect to
> find and remove others at some point?
Object don't usually remove properties from the Properties object
they are given, although I guess they could. We've never done it.

> Or perhaps I am just doing something funny somewhere. I’ll keep
> digging - perhaps I am doing it myself
> somewhere.
What you are trying to do seems reasonable, I'd check the timing of
when things are added to the MapHandler, and if the objects you think
you are finding in the findAndInit() methods are the same ones you
are making the settings on.