Re: [OpenMap Users] where to find map data files

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:55:14 -0500

Hi Chuck,

Along the lines of what Carsten suggested the cntry02.dbf file has a
column that groups the countries for a colormap. The column name is
COLOR_MAP, and it's column 13. It holds an integer that you can use
as the key for different colors, and using this key guarantees that
two neighboring countries won't have the same color.

So, you'd use the AreaShapeLayer as Carsten suggests, and change the
key to fit the dbf file.