Re: [OpenMap Users] Question - zoomMouseMode

From: Piotr Kaminski <Piotr.Kaminski_at_ctm.gdynia.pl>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 20:23:05 -0000 (UTC)

Mariusz,
I'm quite happy with navigation mouse modes provided by
OpenMap. I  also created several own modes but none of them matches
your proposal.

> Recently i was writing about desinging in
my opinion very useful mouse
> mode doeas anybody have some
experience on how can one achive this??

> I rewrite the
message:
> 1. Mouse Mode that shows an outline of a rectangle
based on the current
> map scale and the scale which will be shown
after clicking the left
> button. - the rectangular shape shows
exactly which part of map will be
> shwn after zooming (the zoom
ratio should be adjusted by the parameter
> while initailizing the
mode

You could use code from NavMouseMode - it displays
scaleable rectangle. You just have to calculate it's size once (when
MouseMode is selected) and then redraw according to mouse position.

> 2. Second type of Zoom Mouse Mode which works ifyou clisk
left button
> and move mouse up or down (+ or -) but it shows
current image zoomed in
> or out while moving mouse and after that
it redraws the maps.

PanMouseMode allows to move current map
view. You could use similar solution. Adding zooming should be easy using
AWT or Java Advanced Imaging. I assume that you want to zoom pixmap not to
redraw whole map while mouse cursor is moved.

Also take a look
at new OpenMap feature - you can use mouse roll to change scale of map.

> Any hints ??
> Perhaps someone did
something like this

> I have designed a zoom panel
based on the slider - if someone needs such
> component let me
know.

You can just send your code to openmap-users list and Don
will add it to CVS, I think.

Regards,
Piotr Kaminski