Re: [OpenMap Users] Question - zoomMouseMode

From: Piotr Kaminski <Piotr.Kaminski_at_ctm.gdynia.pl>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 22:31:07 -0000 (UTC)

> what is the new feature - where can i find it??

AbstractMouseMode.java

    /**
     * Invoked from the MouseWheelListener
interface.
     */
    public
void mouseWheelMoved(MouseWheelEvent e) {
        int rot =
e.getWheelRotation();
        if
(e.getSource() instanceof MapBean) {

MapBean mb = (MapBean) e.getSource();
            if
(rot > 0) {

// Positive, zoom out

mb.zoom(new ZoomEvent(mb, ZoomEvent.RELATIVE, 1.1f));
            }
else {

mb.zoom(new ZoomEvent(mb, ZoomEvent.RELATIVE, .9f));
            }
        }

}
--
Piotr

> Piotr Kaminski napisał(a):
>> Mariusz,
>> I'm quite happy with navigation mouse
modes provided by OpenMap. I
>> also created several own modes
but none of them matches your proposal.

Recently i was writing about desinging in my opinion very useful mouse
>> > mode doeas anybody have some experience on how can one
achive this??

>> > I rewrite the
message:
>> > 1. Mouse Mode that shows an outline of a
rectangle based on the
>> current
>> > map scale
and the scale which will be shown after clicking the left

> button. - the rectangular shape shows exactly which part of map
will
>> be
>> > shwn after zooming (the zoom
ratio should be adjusted by the parameter
>> > while
initailizing the mode

>> You could use code from
NavMouseMode - it displays scaleable
>> rectangle. You just
have to calculate it's size once (when MouseMode
>> is
selected) and then redraw according to mouse position.

>> > 2. Second type of Zoom Mouse Mode which works ifyou clisk
left button
>> > and move mouse up or down (+ or -) but it
shows current image zoomed
>> in
>> > or out
while moving mouse and after that it redraws the maps.

>> PanMouseMode allows to move current map view. You could use
similar
>> solution. Adding zooming should be easy using AWT or
Java Advanced
>> Imaging. I assume that you want to zoom pixmap
not to redraw whole map
>> while mouse cursor is moved.
>>
>> Also take a look at new OpenMap feature - you can
use mouse roll to
>> change scale of map.
>>

>> > Any hints ??
>> > Perhaps
someone did something like this

have designed a zoom panel based on the slider - if someone needs
>> such
>> > component let me know.
>>
>> You can just send your code to openmap-users list and Don will
add it
>> to CVS, I think.

Regards,
>> Piotr Kaminski