Re: [OpenMap Users] Organization of RPF data

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:01:38 -0500

Hi Shawn,

The latest version of OpenMap has the
com.bbn.openmap.layer.rpf.RpfUtil class, which can be run to do what
you want:

java -cp openmap.jar com.bbn.openmap.layer.rpf.RpfUtil -h

RpfUtil Arguments:
   -help Print usage statement, with arguments. (0 arguments
expected)
   -copy Copy RPF data from one RPF directory to another. (-
copy from to) (2 arguments expected)
   -delete Delete RPF data from a RPF directory. (-delete from)
(1 argument expected)
   -maketoc Create an A.TOC file in a RPF directory. (-maketoc
from). (1 argument expected)
   -zip Create a zip file from a RPF directory. (-zip
zipFileName from) (2 arguments expected)
   -query Print the paths of files that fit the
criteria, but do nothing (1 argument expected)
   -scale The scale to use for criteria in matching
chart types, followed by a letter describing the relationship of
matching frame scales to give scale ('g'reater than, 'l'ess than,
'n'ot equal to, 'e'qual to). (optional) (2 arguments expected)
   -boundary Coordinates of bounding box (upper lat, left lon,
lower lat, right lon) (optional) (4 arguments expected)
   -inside Flag to manage RPF frames inside bounding box.
(default, optional) (0 arguments expected)
   -outside Flag to manage RPF frames outside bounding box.
(optional) (0 arguments expected)
   -verbose Print out progress (0 arguments expected)
   -extraverbose Print out ALL progress (0 arguments expected)

You probably want to run the copy version a bunch of times to copy
everything into one directory, and then run MakeToc at the end. If
you run any of the action commands (copy, delete) without filters
(scale, boundary, inside, outside), all of the data in the from
directory will be acted upon.

Combining all the data into one A.TOC file also has the benefit of
making the data search more efficient for the layer.

Regards,

Don