Re: [OpenMap Users] Organization of RPF data

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 10:55:01 -0500

HI Shawn

When you specify a data path for a RPF A.TOC file, it *must* be to an
RPF directory. All paths in the A.TOC file are going to be set
relative to the parent RPF directory. This is a RPF specification
requirement.

So, if you just want the JOGA data set, you have to copy that
directory into a separate RPF directory and create a A.TOC file for
that directory. Same for the CIB data. It looks like the MakeToc
was complaining about another RPF directory being somewhere in the
path of the CIB data, that might be a bug (Data set 1). That seemed
to go away for data set 2, execution 4.

This is all for making A.TOC files that OpenMap and other systems can
understand. However, there is a hack built into OpenMap that lets
you create an RPF/A.TOC combo that references data in other
directories. If you run:

MakeToc -absolute -paths <paths to RPF data>

it does what you want. The OpenMap RpfLayer is perfectly happy with
that RPF/A.TOC file, but no other mapping system will like it because
it's not spec compliant.

You can move that RPF/A.TOC combo anywhere you like, and nothing else
has to be in that RPF directory other than that A.TOC file (if it
contains absolute paths).