[OpenMap Users] Simple question about OMGraphic attributes

From: Stéphane Wasserhardt <swasserhardt_at_cls.fr>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 10:54:53 +0200

Hello all !

I don't really understand the meaning of the "ATT_MAP_KEY" attribute in the
attribute map of OMGraphics...
I understood how appObjects were handled (just one object, or a map
containing the appObject), but I don't understand why the map should point
to itself. And why does the "getAttributes" return null if it does not
(although getAttribute(Object) can return something) ?
Anyway, that's not really the problem.
In fact, I'm using the method "setAttributes" to directly set a map
containing multiple attributes.
If I already have an AppObject, it is appended to the map as expected.
But the ATT_MAP_KEY attribute is not set by this method !
I think I should not have to set it myself. It should be automatically done
in the setAttributes method, as it is done by the putAttribute method.
I think this is a bug which hasn't been noticed since it is rare to use the
"setAttributes" method (users usually use "putAttribute").
Am I right ?
For the moment, I must use "putAttribute" for each attributes in my map :(

Thanks in advance for your answers !

Stephane