Re: [OpenMap Users] Serialization porblems with the OMRaster

From: Piotr Kamiński <Piotr.Kaminski_at_ctm.gdynia.pl>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 19:21:39 +0200

Mariusz Chmielewski napisał(a):
> I have debugged my code for RMI based DTED mechanism (i use it for OM
> based Applet which loads data from large files 500MB even more)
> in previous mail i have not been sure that it is connected with
> serialization problems. In some way the transfered objects in
> OMGraphicsList are causing
> the stream to fail.... Did anyone try to serialize (store in file)
> OMRaster objects and then retrieve them? I am thinking of testing
> another way for the data
> to be transfered ... each object i want to transfer to Graphics2D and
> then send to client and recreate OMRaster???

I should rather fixed serialization problem of OMRaster. By the way,
Graphics2D seems to be not serializable.

> Did anyone tried it? is there a better solution.???
I think that OpenMap uses serialization to store drawings made using
DrawingTool in files. Restoring is also possible so OMRaster, amongs
other OMGraphics, should also serialize/deserialize properly.

--
Piotr