[OpenMap Users] ESRIPoly Bug

From: Guy Pascarella <guy.pascarella_at_issinc.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 12:09:23 -0400

I ran into a bug in com.bbn.openmap.layer.shape.ESRIPoly that I thought I
should share.

In the methods getRadians() and getDecimalDegrees() the isRadians member
isn't updated to reflect the current state of the ESRIPoly. From ESRIPoly:

        public float[] getRadians() {
            if (!isRadians) {
                ProjMath.arrayDegToRad(radians);
            }
            return radians;
        }

So, the radians array is being converted to radians, but the isRadians
indicator is not being updated. Multiple calls to this method will result
in varying results upon each successive call. The same bug exists in a
similar manner within getDecimalDegrees().

Is there a formal way for submitted bugs?

Regards,
Guy

Guy Pascarella
Intelligent Software Solutions
(703) 416-6020 x8406 Office
(315) 794-3409 Cell
Guy.Pascarella_at_issinc.com <mailto:Guy.Pascarella_at_issinc.com>