[OpenMap Users] Refresh Problem

From: Monte Philip V NPRI <MontePV_at_Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 16:29:07 -0400

I am having a refresh problem. I have two panels in a JFrame (CENTER and EAST), with the map in the center. I set the visibility of the east JPanel (which contains Swing components on them: labels, buttons, etc) to false. As a result, the map will expand over the area where the panel was filling the entire JFrame. This is what I expect, however, when I set the visibility of the east JPanel back to true, the map does not resize (even if I call a repaint, revalidate, ordoPrepare). It will only resize/redraw when I physcially resize the window.

Philip V. Monte

Software Engineer
Code 2514, Warfare Interoperability Branch
NAVSEA Warfare Centers Division Newport
(401) 832-5325