Re: [OpenMap Users] JAI and Openmap

From: Piotr Kamiński <Piotr.Kaminski_at_ctm.gdynia.pl>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 23:52:31 +0200

John E. McKim napisał(a):

> Hi Don,
>
> Is there a way to use JAI within Openmap to change contrast and
> brightness? I noticed that Piotr submitted a modification to
> BufferedMapBean to do this, but just overrode paint() – I don’t
> believe that code is available yet. When is it best to use
> BufferedMapBean instead of MapBean? Thanks for all your help.
>
> John**

> This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and
> cleared by *NetIQ MailMarshal *
> !DSPAM:445683cd883021484010687!
In our application most of layers are static (Shape, VPF, drawings, etc)
which don't change frequently (only when projection, center or scale is
changed). We put those layer in BufferedLayerMapBean. Above them there
are several 'dynamic' layer - we use them to display moving tracks (from
radar source). Our fix allow us to dim all static layers and make tracks
better discernible over background.

The code is probably not available in CVS yet.

Piotr