[OpenMap Users] OMRaster "memory leak"

From: <robert.m.dabell_at_L-3com.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 11:08:46 -0600

Hey,
I've been using OpenMap for about a year now. Great software.

For the last while I've noticed a memory leak that would occur in my
extended OMGraphicsLayer. I have several OMRasters on this layer and called
the scaleTo function to scale the image to the desired size. The Lat and
Lon of the said objects would change about once a second. I would then
refresh the layer once a second. I have noticed that memory usage would
increase until it would eventually crash my application. Then I took out
the scaleTo calls (that were only called once or twice during execution) and
it worked great. It looks as if memory is allocated if the position of an
OMRaster changes and scaling is used. I have gotten around the issue by
scaling the image before I set the OMRaster image but I figure that others
may be dealing with the same issues and this bug should probably be
addressed.

Thanks.

Mark