Re: [OpenMap Users] Object Tracking

From: Don Dietrick <dietrick_at_bbn.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 12:34:51 -0400

Hi Peter,

Probably the closest thing to what you are describing is the
com.bbn.openmap.graphicLoader.scenario package, although it's not
tuned to handle live updates. It focuses on reading from two files,
one that describes the entities, and one that lists the movements of
the entities. The one thing that is in the ScenarioGraphicLoader is
the time controls, which let you move a time slider, which moves the
objects in time. It wouldn't be hard to update the package to accept
new updates, and adjust the time slider accordingly.

That said, you probably want to look at the
com.bbn.openmap.graphicLoader.scenario.ScenarioGraphic interface and
the ScenarioPoint implementation. It keeps track of positions and
displays the icon in a position given a time setting. It also has
the capability to display the entire track if needed.

This package is going to be updated in a future releases, due to some
work that was done with it on a different program. The time controls
and notification mechanism were modified and the ScenarioPoint was
refined, I just need to fold the improvements back into the code base.

The GraphicLoader should be added to the openmap.components property,
and a GraphicLoaderConnector should be there too. The
GraphicLoaderConnector will create a layer to handle input from the
GraphicLoader.