Re: [OpenMap Users] OMRaster "memory leak"

From: Raghu <raghav_kune_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 06:27:26 -0700 (PDT)

hey,
 i too facing the problem of memory leak while
displaying gif images using OMRaster . I observed that
OMRaster is using "BufferedImageReader" in which the
image is read as type "TYPE_INT_ARGB" . When i
replaced the type with "TYPE_BYTE_INDEXED" in place of
"TYPE_INT_ARGB" it is observed "no memory leak" . And
i could able to display gif images without memory leak
.

 Now i would like to know is this the problem with
OPENMAP or is it the java method unable to handle the
image ?

 I would like the users who posted comments on
"OMRaster" to test this and pass on your comments ,
pl.

Thx and Regards

--- robert.m.dabell_at_L-3com.com wrote:

> Hey,
> I've been using OpenMap for about a year now. Great
> software.
>
> For the last while I've noticed a memory leak that
> would occur in my
> extended OMGraphicsLayer. I have several OMRasters
> on this layer and called
> the scaleTo function to scale the image to the
> desired size. The Lat and
> Lon of the said objects would change about once a
> second. I would then
> refresh the layer once a second. I have noticed
> that memory usage would
> increase until it would eventually crash my
> application. Then I took out
> the scaleTo calls (that were only called once or
> twice during execution) and
> it worked great. It looks as if memory is allocated
> if the position of an
> OMRaster changes and scaling is used. I have gotten
> around the issue by
> scaling the image before I set the OMRaster image
> but I figure that others
> may be dealing with the same issues and this bug
> should probably be
> addressed.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mark

Raghu (Raghavendra K)
Scientist , ADRIN(DOS,ISRO),
203,AKBAR ROAD , TARBUND , MANOVIKAS NAGAR , SECUNDERABAD .
Mob: 91-9440563501
OFF : 91-040-27781234